ZestSync

American Actor Richard Roundtrees Net Worth and Cause of Death

Richard Roundtree, a renowned American actor who gained popularity for his lead part in the Shaft movie series, passed away on Tuesday afternoon at home in Los Angeles surrounded by his loved ones.

He died at the age of 81 after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer, according to his manager, Patrick McMinn, who spoke to The Hollywood Reporter.

According to reports Richard also diagnosed with breast cancer he discovered a lump in his right breast, which led to a breast cancer. He stated to USA Today” in 2001, “I was shocked to hear the news.” There’s no way I could have breast cancer, and Men don’t comprehend this.

Richard underwent a double mastectomy, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy. At first, he concealed his illness, saying if my insurance company found out, they wouldn’t insure me. Additionally, it would be best if you had an insurance company’s clearance before you can begin work on a film.

Consequently, I was forced to keep it a secret. Afterwards, Richard started serving as a spokesperson for the “Know Your Score men’s health program and the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation”.

Thoughts and Condolences to his family, friends, and industry in this tragic time; his funeral details have not been announced yet. Rest in Peace, Richard Roundtree.

Richard Roundtree Net Worth

Richard Roundtree was an American actor and former model; he was born in New Rochelle, New York, on July 9, 1942, and started his acting career in the early 1960s. He earned over 150 acting credits in his name.

He had an iconic acting career and received popularity for his skills and abilities. Richard has an estimated net worth of around $2 Million. He earned the amount through his acting and modelling career.

As per reports, Roundtree also purchased a 2,768-square-foot house in Grass Valley, California, in 2002 for $470,000. The house has two bathrooms and three bedrooms.

He gained notoriety for his role as John Shaft in the film “Shaft,” for which he was nominated for a Golden Globe Award at the age of 29; he became a sensation after playing detective John Shaft, which was considered to be a groundbreaking performance by the actor.

About Richard Roundtree

Richard was born on July 9, 1942, and also known as being “the first black action hero” for his debut as private detective John Shaft in the 1971 film Shaft. The film gained huge fame and popularity, and he was nominated for the Golden Globe Award for New Star of the Year Actor in 1972.

Richard began his career in 1963 by doing modelling at the Ebony Fashion Fair and local TV ads and brand promotions. He started his official acting career in 1970 and made his first popular debut in 1971.

Richard made his debut in several movies and also appeared in many Television films and series. He gained notable achievements in his career and won the Life Time Achievement Award in 1994 and the Legacy Award in 2011.

Richard spent over 59 years in the industry and worked until 2022; he appeared as a main lead in the Television series Cherish the Day (season 2) in 2022. However, Richard was a famous American actor and earned huge respect and fame throughout his career.

Social media have been flooded with condolences, and his demise left a void in the hearts of his loved ones, and he will be dearly missed. His legacy will always endure in the acting industry. Prayers for him.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7trzTqKqpnZWZt7DB0aeYpaGjonuku8xopZ6vo2S%2Fqq%2FHmqmdZaKkwq%2Bw06ucnmWemsFuw86rq6Fn

Fernande Dalal

Update: 2024-05-06